VARIETY OF PROPERTY TYPES & HIGH WALKABILITY
Downtown’s Best Restaurants, Lounges & Coffee Shops
Downtown San Diego Little Italy District features a terrific location very close to the San Diego bay and next to downtown’s Columbia (waterfront) District. This downtown district was once a run down neighborhood full of car shops, storage warehouses and abandoned buildings but today is one of downtown San Diego’s most desirable neighborhoods to live in.
Over the past 10 years Little Italy has become a very lively neighborhood filled with cafes, restaurants, ice cream stores, pubs, art galleries, shops, hotels, and the beautiful Amici Park towards the northern border of the district. Little Italy is also home to some of downtown’s best boutiques and hair salons.
Downtown San Diego Little Italy Real Estate offers a mix of residential developments including detached single-family homes, condos, row homes, townhouses, lofts and live work spaces.
Among the large selection of property types you’ll be able to find all sorts of floor plans to suit your needs including loft and studio type residences, 1 bed, 2 bed, 3 bed and larger condo residences, live work space with retail access and more. High Rises in the area are not as luxurious as those in the Waterfront District but HOA fees tend to be more affordable in Little Italy.
North Little Italy is downtown San Diego’s design district. Running along Kettner Boulevard in between West Laurel and Hawthorn Streets there are many “recycled warehouses” that have been transformed to home design and furniture stores offering the latest products and styles for home decoration and remodeling projects. Little Italy is also home to many business offices hosting some of San Diego’s best architects and design firms among other creative businesses.
1. Moderate & High Income Singles and Couples: Over a wide age range working in the professional and service sector.
2. Young Singles: Mostly in the 25 to 40 age group that are renting in the various apartment rental buildings in the neighborhood.
3. Non Natives: Foreign born individuals who are here on employment contracts.
1. Immediate proximity to some of the best restaurants and coffee shops in all downtown.
2. Proximity to the future waterfront park in the Columbia District.
3. San Diego’s best farmers market takes place here every Saturday.
4. The Little Italy neighborhood association organizes multiple events during the year (i.e. Artwalk)
5. This is one of downtown’s most diverse neighborhoods.
1. No grocery store in immediate walking range (there is 1 natural foods grocery store currently under construction).
2. Future construction of high rise hotels, residential and office buildings in the waterfront district might block some of the bay views for current condo owners.
3. Being one of the most touristy neighborhoods it tends to get quite congested during weekends.
SEARCH LITTLE ITALY CONDOS
Little Italy Location
& Condo Map
Little Italy District Lifestyle
Points of Interest
Little Italy San Diego Condos
Building Info | Search by Complex
Search information and listings for Little Italy Condos San Diego for sale by building. Click on the building of interest to you below to view a detailed guide.
Downtown San Diego Real Estate
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if we can answer any questions or assist you with anything related to Little Italy San Diego Real Estate.