Named after the historic El Cortez Hotel, this district is one of San Diego’s oldest and most distinguished residential neighborhoods in downtown San Diego. It is located right in between the East Village District and Little Italy District. Due to its elevation and the steep, hilly streets it often reminds of the streets of San Francisco.
Availability of shops and restaurants is quite limited in Cortez Hill. However there are a few shops like a hair salon, a florist, a coffee shop, yoga studio and a convenience store. There are also a few hotels and motels in the area.
Cortez Hill is definitely the quietest of downtown San Diego neighborhoods with very limited car and foot traffic due to the land use characteristics and the geographic location of the area within downtown San Diego as it is bordered by Balboa Park and several freeways.
This is definitely a great area for those looking to live in downtown while enjoying the feel of a very calm and quiet neighborhood.
This neighborhood is comprised mostly of residential buildings while a very small percentage of land is used for commercial and office space use. Cortez Hill Real Estate is comprised of low rise, mid rise and high rise condos & lofts, detached homes and attached town homes.
Please browse below to see all Cortez Hill San Diego condos listed for sale, neighborhood information, residential building guides and more.
WHO LIVES IN CORTEZ HILL?
1. Moderate Income Singles: Over a wide age range working in the professional and service sector and mostly rent.
2. Young Singles: Between 20 and 40 years of age that that work in the professional and service sector or military.
3. Young Couples: Between the ages of 20 and 40 that work in the professional and service sector or military.
4. Elder Renters: Retirement age individuals that mostly rent.
5. Non Natives: Here on student or employment visas and living in the various rental communities in the neighborhood.
WHAT ARE THE BEST THINGS ABOUT LIVING IN CORTEZ HILL?
1. Peacefulness of the district thanks to low car traffic and lack of commercial real estate in the area.
2. Great views of Balboa park and the bay from some buildings/units.
3. Fast freeway access.
WHAT COULD BE A NEGATIVE ABOUT LIVING IN CORTEZ HILL?
Guide to Downtown San Diego Real Estate
Cortez Hill Real Estate Sales Reports
Cortez Hill Real Estate | Condo & Loft Listings
Cortez Hill | Information, Lifestyle & Walk Score
Cortez Hill | Photo Gallery
Cortez Hill San Diego Condos | Building Info | Search by Complex
Search information and listings for Cortez Hill Condos San Diego for sale by building. Just click on the building of interest to you below.
Back to our guide to Downtown San Diego Condos.
Cortez Hill Mid Rise Condos