Waterfront District Real Estate
San Diego Downtown
Luxury High Rise Condo Living
Front Row Location & Proximity to Little Italy Restaurants
San Diego’s Columbia (waterfront) District used to be mostly comprised of commercial buildings but in the past few years there has been mixed use developments of all sorts, including a variety of new high rise condo buildings along Pacific Beach Highway like Bayside, Electra, The Grande (all luxury high rise condos by BOSA Development) and Sapphire Tower along Kettner Boulevard.
The Santa Fe Depot which hosts commuter rail and trolley stations is also located in the Columbia District providing residents and visitors access to a wide variety of transportation options both to the south and north of the county.
The Columbia District is neighbored by the Seaport Village, the Manchester Hyatt hotel, the Marriott Hotel and Marina complex, the San Diego Convention Center, and a series of beautiful public parks.
Usually, you can find tourists wondering around the coastline’s maritime museum, navy boats or the various boat charters departing from the cruise boat terminal like whale watching and dinner boat excursions.
You will also find great entertainment and dining options in both the nearby the Seaport Village and Little Italy District as well as some great options along Pacific Highway on the bay.
Downtown’s Columbia San Diego condos are scattered among a varied selection of luxury high rise residential buildings. These include studios, lofts, 1 bedroom, 1 plus den, 2 bedroom, 2 bed plus den and 3 bedroom condo residences. Please browse below for more information on each residential building, the floor plans in each building, photos, reviews and more relevant information.
1. High Income Singles and Couples: Educated professionals with high salaries.
2. Empty Nesters: Mature couples heading into retirement that are down sizing because kids left home.
3. Snow and Summer Birds: People living in desert or snow areas escaping the heat of the summer and cold of the winter.
4. Non Natives: Foreign born individuals who are here under employment contracts or those that purchase a vacation home.
1. Proximity to the bay front.
2. Proximity to the Waterfront Park.
3. Front row views of the bay.
4. Proximity to the shops and restaurants in Little Italy.
5. Once completed the North Embarcadero Visionary Plan & Pacific Gateway redevelopment projects will beautify the neighborhood incredibly.
1. Construction noise and dust for the following 7+ years as the North Embarcadero Visionary Plan is completed and the Pacific Gateway redevelopment project gets underway in 2017.
2. No grocery store in immediate walking range.
3. Future construction of high rise hotels, residential and office buildings might block the bay views for current condo owners.
& Condo Map
Points of Interest
The Columbia District of downtown San Diego promises to be one of the most exclusive and picturesque downtown waterfront communities in California.
With various projects already on the way and others scheduled to begin soon, this is nothing but exciting news for residents of the various luxury condo buildings that make up the Columbia District. From an investment perspective, this district offers the best future potential.
Browse below to learn more about all current redevelopment projects in San Diego’s Waterfront.
NEW CONSTRUCTION CONDOS
Kettner & Ash by BOSA
PUBLIC/PRIVATE REDEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
County Administration Center Waterfront Park
Columbia San Diego
Use the building guide below to search information and view property listings for Columbia (Waterfront) Condos San Diego for sale by building. You can click on any building to view a detailed guide for that property.
Downtown San Diego Condos.